Comment on page
Agoric Swingset Contract Explorer
Join the community of open-source builders at Agoric!
A publicly accessible Agoric chain explorer which exposes detail at the Agoric VM level, in particular:
- Basic Transactions. Cosmos side + Swingset transactions (contract calls)
- Contract viewer including interacting with the contract
- List contract facets
- List assets including ERTP assets
- All Swingset based queries
The Agoric chain is supported by several Cosmos-level block explorers. However, these do not do a good job of providing detail on activity that occurs inside the Agoric VM (aka Swingset). This bounty is to provide an explorer that would detail Agoric VM activity. Note: if you need assistance with thinking through the design of this bounty, resources will be provided.
Bounty acceptance will be based on:
- Functionality in description is provided
- Plan reviewed with Agoric team
- Demo of functionality in page that could be deployed as a webapp
- Be thoroughly documented, including clear instructions on how to use it, its dependencies, and any configuration options.
- Include a short video demonstrating basic usage scenarios
3 weeks(120 hours)
Payment will be made in USD (fiat currency) via wire transfer. The developer is responsible for providing their completed tax documents (W9 for US based developers and/or W8 or W8-BEN-E for non-US based developers) and providing their banking details in order to receive payment.
Important: Please provide a clear work plan for how you will approach this bounty. Use the work plan as an initial demonstration that you would be a good candidate. Bounties will require coordination with the Agoric team, so unfortunately only plans submitted in English will be considered.
Applicants will be assessed based on the following criteria:
* Issue-specific domain experience
* Issue-specific technical capability
* Familiarity with Agoric's platform
* Availability and communication
As part of completing the bounty, we ask that you write up a short (or long!) summary of your experience building on Agoric. Write-up should:
- Begin with a compelling, relevant introductory hook statement (<50 words).
- Clearly explain the specific bounty project (~100 words).
- Describe how the developer approached the problem (~300 words).
- Give a step-by-step description of the solution (>500 words && <1000 words).
- At least three code snippets per write-up. They do not count toward overall word count.
- Conclude with clear calls to action on developing with Agoric - specifically how any ambition developer reading this piece could do more themselves (~100 words).
This is important feedback for us as we evolve the platform.
- 1.Agoric team reviews your submitted work plan on Gitcoin
- 2.It is best to join our Discord and post your gitcoin name in the bounties channel, so that we can follow up with you. Otherwise, we will write on your gitcoin profile wall and say hello!
- 3.Agoric contacts you to provide reference projects / sample code for engineering review
- 4.Introductory call to discuss your plans and expected timeline
- 5.You join the Agoric Discord bounties channel (if you haven’t done so already)
- 6.Agoric accepts you on Gitcoin and you get started!